Since regular present tense verbs are some of the most frequently used Spanish verbs, let’s start here.
As we established before, the verb’s ending can tell us who is doing the action and when that action is taking place. These are the endings for regular verbs in the present tense :
How do we use these present tense endings? Well, if we wanted to say I talk, we would need to conjugate hablar with yo in the present tense:
The same concept applies to all forms of all regular verbs in the present tense:
Below are some examples of how to use the present tense in the real world:
Phew! Does that seem like a lot to remember? Well…it is. Fortunately, VerbMaster is here to make the memorization process as smooth as possible for you. When you practice in the app, the mastery-based learning system will keep track of your strong and weak points and adjust your study sessions accordingly.
Here’s a fun fact: once you’ve learned the verbs listed in this practice session, you’ll be able to conjugate 90% of verbs in the present tense. The other 10% are known as irregular verbs. We will learn about those in the next lesson.
The only way to master these verbs is through targeted practice. Fortunately for you, VerbMaster’s intelligent tutoring system makes conjugation practice a breeze!
In this session, you’ll practice conjugating hablar, comer, and vivir in the present tense. So what are you waiting for? Get to studying, you’re on your way to becoming a VerbMaster!
Don't just read the lesson, practice conjugating in the app!
Download VerbMaster now for iOS or Android!